Monday, April 2, 2012

Food Quest: Press 626

So on the  30th of March I was able to go out with a group of my fellow Navy wives and try a new place for dinner.

We went to Press 626 in Norfolk.  I'm glad I got there early as parking was a BEAR!  They do have a tiny parking lot, but it was already full and I had to find street parking.

My pal, Deborah, and I had the Petit Fillet Provencal.  It came with rosemary roasted fingerling potatoes and seasonal vegetables.  Which were asparagus!  My favorite!!  The steak was AWESOME!  It was like butter.  Melted in my mouth good.  I'm drooling now as I write about it.

Their grilled cheese looked really good too.  Maybe another time.  It's made with 4 (yes you read that right) different cheeses.  Vermont cheddar, Swiss, pepper jack and goat cheese on sourdough bread.  And to make it even more yummy?  They added bacon.  Drool!

Deborah and I split a bottle of Llama 2010 Malbec, which was very nice.  My buddy, Stacey recommended another wine but I don't recall the name.  Only that it was 76 on the wine list and they don't number it on their website, so I have no idea which one it is.  Sigh.

Our server, Brock (I hope that's the spelling), was knowledgeable and extremely helpful.  A good server definitely helps make for a good evening.  And ours was wonderful!

I ended the meal with a peanut butter bread pudding.  That was quite big, but huge.  I was unable to finish it.

Pros


Fabulous Food
Wonderful Wine List
Great Staff - Very Friendly & Willing To Help
Seasonal Foods (So it seems fresher)
Did I mention the wine?
Good Selection
Casual to Dressy Code (I saw dresses & jeans)


Cons

Parking!!
Lighting (It was a bit dark & I really don't like that)
Small (I recommend making reservations)
Did I mention Parking?

All in all I had a wonderful time and will be going there again!


No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.