Sunday, May 27, 2012

Food Quest: Peel

So while I was in Illinois visiting my family I was able to catch up with a buddy from high school.  She took me to Peel in Edwardsville.

I always LOVE going somewhere I've never been before and this was a treat!

We started out with a baby spinach salad.  My mouth waters at the mere thought of it!  Baby spinach with walnuts, sunflower seeds, goat cheese, dried figs, balsamic reduction and extra virgin olive oil.  If felt oh so decadent, but really not bad for you in the grand scheme of things.  *sigh*  My mouth was so happy!

We shared a wood fired pizza.  You can't go to this place and not get one.  It was fantastic!  I can't find it on the menu now, but I loved it.  It was a steak with a Cabernet marinade of some sort and topped with sage.  Oh such goodness!



Pros
Family friendly atmosphere
Fantastic food!
Well lit (as many know this is a peeve of mine)
Kid menu
Great service
Fantastic food (did I mention this one?)

Con
Very popular (so be patient)

Thanks again Denise for taking me here!  I loved it!

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.