Sunday, May 16, 2010

Food Quest: Texas de Brazil

Or maybe a more appropriate title would be, A Carnivores Delight!

I actually got this idea from another blog, Navy Wife, Navy Life. Watch Me Sink Or Swim. and thought it was a really neat idea. So I'm jumping on this band wagon.

So yesterday we went to Texas de Brazil. It's a Brazilian steakhouse in Richmond, but there are others out there. So yeah, it's a chain. Sadly I didn't have the camera on me, so there are no photos.

We've been here before and truly enjoy it. They have lamb, chicken, pork and beef. The servers come around with skewers of meat, so all you have to do is say yes. Their salad bar is also very good! I had fillet mignon, bacon wrapped chicken, lamb chops, leg of lamb, garlic sirloin and bacon wrapped fillet mignon. My other half had the same, plus a few of the other sirloins that were going around. All was very tasty, but the red meat was the best by far.

We also had wine with dinner. We had a Goulart Reserva Malbec/Cabernet 2007 blend. Didn't realize it was a blend when we ordered. Or I would have gone with the other wine that was 100% Malbec. It's from the Mendoza-Argentina area. Malbec goes very well with red meat. Since we couldn't finish the bottle off they did package it so we could take it home.

For dessert we had coffee and pie. I had the pecan pie warmed up and my sweetie had a coconut chess pie warmed and served with ice cream. It must have been good, because he didn't even offer me a taste.

Pros:
Fantastic food!
Great atmosphere
Fabulous service
Wonderful Wine List
Attentive Staff
Did I mention fantastic food?

Cons:
Lighting
Location

I feel the need to explain my pros and cons. The atmosphere is wonderful. You'd feel fine going in jeans and a shirt, your Sunday best or formal wear. We saw some couples in there prom finery. And the staff is quite attentive, but NOT in a stalker sort of way. The only problems I have are as follows. The lights are very low, which I realize creates a mood, but I'd like to be able to read the wine menu. And I don't like the drive it took us to get there. Over an hour, but at the same time it was so worth it. And in the midst of a mall area, so the GPS doesn't take you exactly to it's location. Also I don't think this is a child friendly place. More geared to the adults.

3 comments:

Heidi Jean said...

you can't just steal someone's idea and not follow their rules.

Michelle and Jim said...

oops. i hadn't read the original post to see the rules. and i did say i liked the idea, so i had no idea there were 'rules' to the game. will try to do better in the future.

KK said...

It's all good!

I think I'm going to start a bi-weekly "food quest" post where people from all over can link up and show cook places to eat where they live! I would love it if you joined in!!! I think it will be really neat!

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.