Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Tropical What?

So over the past weekend Jim and I traveled back to Virginia to check on our new place.  Tropical Storm Hanna was coming to the area and we wanted to make sure the roof didn't leak and that no damage, however minor, occurred.  Hey we're homeowners now.  Plus we had a few things we wanted to take down there.

We arrived at midnight tired and bit cranky with a doped up dog in the back seat of the truck.  Yes, I medicated Kaiser for the trip.  You deal with an aging 60+ pound dog in the back of your car for 9 to 10 hours and we'll see how you hold up.  I bless the person who made cat and dog Valium every time we need to take a trip.  Odie, our cat, is very vocal.  But I digress.  Our arrival did not go unnoticed in our neighborhood.  If I didn't know what it felt like to be watched before, then this weekend changed all of that.

We had brought a small TV in the hopes of catching the local news to see if Hanna had been upgraded.  I never realized how much I missed WAVY TV10.  There's a huge difference between local and national news.  The local weatherman informed viewers that Hanna would be very much like a summer thunderstorm and to just be cautious out there.  While the weather person on the Today show freaked out.  Proclaiming that it was horrible and just look at those waves.  Argh!  Run for the hills.  Amateurs!

So what did Jim and I do when the tropical storm did hit.  We were in Lowe's buying area rugs for our new home.  You know it's not that bad when people are at a hardware store not for provisions to board up their home, but for things for their weekend projects.  Man I love this area!

We also managed to hand all of our blinds before moving in completely.  Some had to be custom cut.  Ugh!  And our A/C broke on our second day.  Luckily my best friend, Greta, was around today to let the repairman in to fix it.  You rock Greta!  We also were able to see Steve before he left on deployment.  Plus we swung by another friend's house to make sure he didn't have any damage since he was still in Rhode Island.  His house was fine.

All in all a productive weekend.  And the movers were scheduled to come on Monday, but that's a story for another time.

-Michelle

P.S. Kaiser loves the house.  And we met our next door neighbor, who has been to Ingleside.  And likes wine!  Hooray!  We look forward to living in this neighborhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're welcome. All I did was let him in. sorry I didn't hang around but no one wants to try to work with a 2yo underfoot.

But if you really feel like I earned a whoopie pie or 3 I wouldn't say no.
Greta

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.