Monday, January 26, 2009

Movie Theater Etiquette

So over the weekend Jim and I went to see two movies.  A real record for us.  Lately there has been nothing out there that we want to see.  But I digress.  We normally go to afternoon matinees because there usually aren't a lot of people there.  And we really don't like crowds.

Saturday afternoon we saw Defiance with Daniel Craig (a.k.a. the new James Bond) and Liev Schreiber (a.k.a. Cotton Weary from the Scream series).  I admit I had to look up the last guy.  He has a familiar face, but I couldn't place him.  

Sunday we saw Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood.  Apparently this is the last movie that Mr. Eastwood is going to star in.

The first movie was good, but it did drag on a bit.  The only problem was the three old people who talked to each other during the movie.  They'd ask each other questions, loudly.  And in the previews there was a Marine commercial (I can't think of a better term for it.) they felt the need to be disrespectful.  I wanted to get up and smack the trio.  Show a bit of respect!  Especially since you are in a movie theater right outside of the base.  At the end of the movie, during the credits, they felt the need to complain that it was dark.  Of course it was dark!  The movie was still rolling.  And of course one woman complained that the movie was a bit violent.  Well duh!  It was set during World War II.  What did you expect?  Flowers and puppies?

I NEVER want to hear older people complain that the younger generation has no manners.

What they did was unforgivable.  It's one thing to whisper to the person next to you once or twice.  It's totally another to state things in a voice loud enough to be heard four rows away.

There's a special place in hell for people who talk in movie theaters during the movie.  I don't mind if they talk during the previews, but come on.  Show a bit of class.  I paid good money to see this show.  Not hear you yak.

Ugh!

And if you're looking for a good movie to see I definitely recommend Gran Torino. 


No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.