Sunday, June 6, 2010

St. Louis Trip Day Two

So our second day of our baseball vacation we had an evening game, but we went early in order to see batting practice. This is a fantastic baseball town. We got there an hour early, but it seemed like we were running late. lol

Sadly I was surrounded by close quarter people and it was EXTREMELY hot and humid. But our neighbors were pretty cool! I have learned that I prefer aisle seats.


We didn't catch the Cardinals batting practice, but we did manage to see the Reds swing a bit. And of course we could see into the Cardinals dug out from where we were sitting behind home plate. Awesome!!



Of course we HAD to get some shots of the stadium with the Arch in the background. It's just not a trip to St. Louis without at least acknowledging the Arch.



Apparently they were doing a nod to the D.A.R.E program and had a number of vehicles from different areas. Jim and I liked the PT Cruiser that they had painted to look like an old police car. We did see a vehicle from Alton, which is close to where we grew up, and had to cheer for it.

Had to get a picture of Fred Bird pleading to be put on the roster. It was SO funny! And of course we got to actually see them talk with the Umpires.

I know it might seem a bit odd that I have a picture of Ryan headed to bat, but he's wearing my lucky number so I had to have it.

We bought jerseys for this game. This was after visiting my mom and seeing some high school friends for lunch. I got Ryan (13) and Jim got Musial (6). I got 13 because that's my number. Jim got 6 because... Well click on the links and read to find out about this legend. It was a great time. Even if the Cardinals did lose this round.

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.