Friday, September 3, 2010

A Glimpse of Phil

Today I thought I'd do a glimpse of my buddy, Phil McKenney. It's a long overdue glimpse, for sure.

Phil is an artist. I own a number of his works, but he also works at Vault Field Vineyards. I snapped this photo of him hard at work. Most of my friends have learned to ignore me when I have my camera out. It's probably a good rule of thumb. I met Phil a few years ago when we both worked at Ingleside Vineyards.

I could sit for hours and listen to him talk. He's got tons of stories that are very interesting. He's met interesting people and one of the things I love the most is our conversations about older movies. We share a common fondness for the Duke. And if you have no clue who this is, then there's no hope for you. Got educate yourself!

I also loved the cartoons he would sketch out for me on the whiteboard in the kitchen. There were many a time we didn't work together and would leave funny cartoons for each other. Of course his were better illustrated than mine. But he is an artist.

Recently he was on a morning program that airs in Richmond. If you're interested, you can click here and go to a video clip of it. I still swear he could have a talk show and I'd be sure to tune in whatever the time. He can talk about anything, but I think one of the things he can really talk up is baseball.

And that's just a tiny glimpse of Phil.

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.