Sunday, June 19, 2011

New Family Member!

Hi! My name is Darby. And let me tell you that I think this is the GREATEST day of my life.

As of today I found my forever family. And I really think I can get the hang of this. I'm enjoying all the room I have now and you should see my big back yard! I love the bed and the couch is awesome! When my new parents noticed me shivering, they found me a perfect sized blanket. Now I can doze while we watch True Grit.

I really don't want to sleep though, because I'm afraid this is just one amazing dream. But they keep saying it's okay and they will be there when I wake up. Maybe I'll just rest my eyes a bit.

We were able to bring Darby home today! They say she's a chihuahua short hair mix. I don't know that I see it, but it's in her record. She's a darling one year old. A bit timid, but I'm sure with time she will get over that. She has a few minor issues that we will be clearing up soon, but other than that she's perfectly fine.

She loves cuddles and hugs. She's gobbling up the attention. I know she enjoys laying on the couch and the bed is intriguing. There are tons of sniffs for to investigate. The cats are unimpressed and she has no true interest in them other than the occasional sniff.

You can tell that she's just so happy to be here. And that makes me love her all the more.

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.