Friday, April 24, 2009

Think Green

So Earth Day has come and gone. All week I've seen different stations who have been promoting 'green' and having their 'stars' tell us all what they do to help the environment. Insert the eye roll here.

Which irritates me in a way. You only see those type of commercials the week before and the week of Earth Day. Then it's back to business as usual. Sad really. What about the rest of the year?

Which got me to thinking. I know I've weakened the nation by doing this. ;-) Do I 'do my part for the environment'?

Well last weekend Norfolk had an electronic recycle day. So instead of throwing our 20 year old TV, that had finally bit the dust, in the trash we saved it and took it to the recycling area. Keeping it out of a landfill. Yeah us. But what else. One thing does not save the world! I do recycle things and put out the recycle bin, when I remember, on recycle days. I use my reusable shopping bags instead of plastic. If I forget them for some reason I keep the plastic and return them to Wal-Mart in exchange for a reusable bag. I also buy organic and local, when I can. Does that count?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not some tree hugger, but I'm not out to destroy the world.

Now world domination, that's something else entirely. ;-)

-Michelle

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.