Thursday, July 24, 2008

24

That's roughly how long we traveled this past weekend to get to Virginia.  And that's round trip.  Normally it takes about 20.  New York City really gobbled up our travel this time with construction and congestion.  Ugh!  And that doesn't include all the back and forth driving we did.

Our friend, Floyd, told us about a different way to go that might be a little less congested.  So we'll try that next time.  Hopefully it'll keep Jim's blood pressure from rising.  Thanks Floyd!

We went down for our home inspection which we scheduled to coincide with Ingleside's Wine Maker's Library.  Ingleside was our original reason for going and we almost didn't make it.  Insert me fuming here.

Our home inspection took 4 hours.  No there was nothing wrong with the house.  I know this was on your mind because it's the first question everyone asks when they hear this.  Our inspector just liked to talk.  A LOT!  And didn't seem to catch the hint that he needed to stop joking and telling so many stories.  Ugh!  And I had scheduled it earlier in the day so that we would be able to make the Ingleside event.

This is a partial view of the entryway to the tasting room.  It's changed a bit since I've worked there.  That's the way of the world though.  I think it looks nice.  We got to the event 45 minutes before the end.  To say I was peeved would be an understatement.  But we got to see our friends and drink wine, so all was good.  We were able to try the 2007 Chardonnay and Rosato before they were released.  I must say that the Rosato is my favorite.  It rocks!  We were also able to try 3 vintages of Petit Verdot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.  Yum!  And of course there were tasty goodies there too.  It was an excellent way to end a very tedious day.  Good food, good wine and good friends.  We got to see nearly all of our friends while we were there.  It felt as if we had never left.

I was also able to get some of my homework done for my photography class.  This assignment was letters.  And you couldn't get them from a sign.  They had to be shapes you found in every day things.  Hopefully you can figure out the letters below.


     
Our professor said it would be really easy and that once you started looking you would find tons of letters.  I guess I'm bad at hide and seek, because I didn't find as many as some of my classmates.  Of course I wasn't going to take pictures while I was driving either.  Safety first!

Finally this is a picture of our buddies Neil and Linda.  That's right Linda, if you email me asking why I haven't posted you get your picture posted.  I have lots more pictures of Ingleside friends, but I wanted to get this posted before I get another gentle nudge from Linda.  =)  Look Linda!  Now you're famous! -Michelle


2 comments:

JA3 said...

If I'd known you were driving through NYC on all these trips I would've set you straight earlier. Yikes!

Michelle and Jim said...

JA,
It would not have mattered. I had good luck running straight through in the past. My luck finally ran out. I knew of the up and around path since the last time we lived here. Sometimes I won't change until I have to.

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.