Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Day With The Ponies

So today we took my mom and dad to a Polo match.  Most people think Polo and they think snobs.  It's not though!  It's really quite fun.  It was a nice sunny day with a nice breeze.  This is a picture of my parents.  They've been kind enough to let me photo them for my class assignments.  The Polo match this time was regional teams.  It was Pearls vs. Newport team.  It was a charity game for the fight against breast cancer.  We got great seats.  Right next to the scoreboard and were able to back our car up the the site.  Hooray!

There were tons of children out, most of whom were not being corralled by their parents, and dogs.  This dog came from across the polo field in search of a ball to play with.  He found it in some kids who were playing catch.  Jim took this photo.  Good job!  The owners were no where to be seen, which worried me for quite some time.  And when they did finally show up I wanted to smack them because they were like 'oh you shouldn't do that'.

The light colored horse was one of my mom's favorites.  This was the best shot that I got of it.  Action shots can be a bit tricky.  The pink shirts are the Pearls and the red shirts are Newport.  The Pearls eked out a win at the very end.  They won by one and we think that the Newport team let them.  

And of course I can't complete this post without at least one photo of my sweet baboo.  At least I chose the clean one.

-Michelle

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.