Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lazy Friday

So Friday, the 29th, was really a kind of lazy day for our household.  I took my mother in law to Easton's Beach in the morning for a brief stroll on the beach.  She always likes to see the ocean where ever we are.

First we stopped at Starbucks so I could get some much needed caffeine.  And of course a few goodies.  

We didn't stay too long since I did have a little one with me and she was bound and determined that she was going to march into the ocean.  And I was bound and determined not to let her.  We had a battle of wills.  Needless to say I won since I was bigger.

Linda did find a piece of sea glass while she was walking with me.  Lucky!  So another green piece has been added to the collection.

We got home and not long after that Jim was home for the day.  Hooray!  That meant we could do something together.

We decided on The Mooring for lunch.  We went their for our anniversary and really enjoyed it.  We got a table out on the patio since it was a gorgeous day.  

Jim had a burger.  I had the Ahi tuna steak sandwich.  And Linda had the Lobster Croissant.  We started out with the seafood donuts, which are basically seafood hush puppies and very yummy.  And a corn and scallop risotto.  

Greta, you can stop gagging now.  It was good.  Not as good as the tomato one we had last time, but still it was very tasty.

After that we crossed the bridge in search of a bocce ball set.  That's something we've wanted all summer, but couldn't seem to find.  Once we found that we went home and grilled.  And had a rousing game of bocce ball.

All in all I think it was a pretty good day.

-Michelle

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.