Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail

So Saturday my brother and I decided to do theChesapeake Bay Wine Trail. I have been to a number of them before, but my brother (who's only in town for a short time) has not.

We started out atIngleside Vineyards. I'm very used to them and their wines. Especially since I used to work there. lol

Couldn't leave without a picture of their courtyard though. And some wine, of course.

Next we went to Oak Crest Vineyards. I forgot to take a picture there. Which is sad, because it is a lovely spot. And I was able to catch up with my friend, Sharon. Which made me really happy. We left this winery with a number of bottles as well. Good thing I've got a big trunk!

Our next stop on the trail was The Hague Winery. This is a fairly new winery. I had never been to it. We almost missed it because the sign is not that noticeable. I was a bit concerned as we pulled up to the barn that houses their tasting rooms. But the wines were okay if not a bit young. We only left with a bottle of their dessert wines.

Our next destination was Vault Field Vineyards. Yet another new winery for me. However, there was something familiar to me at the winery. And that was my buddy Phil McKenney. I had worked with Phil years ago at Ingleside. The wines were nice and we left with quite a few bottles. And it figures as soon as we got there a bunch of people came in at the same time. Figure the odds. It was great seeing Phil again!

We then headed out towards Athena Vineyards. I had been here before and was glad for the return. This trail took quite a bit longer than normal because I knew a lot of the people and we chatted quite a bit. Such things do happen when you used to work at one of the wineries on the trail. We left with a number of bottles.

The last stop on our winery trail was White Fences Vineyard. It's pretty easy to find since they have giant corkscrews at the entrance. Their tasting room is small. And we did have to wait a while to get our tasting, but when you have a small tasting room and only one person working then that's what will happen. Sadly I was unimpressed with any of the wines. My brother did, but I'm not sure if he liked the wine or the girl pouring the wine.


No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.