Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ingleside Vineyard Fall Barrel Tasting

On Saturday we went to Ingleside Vineyard for their fall barrel tasting with some friends. They had never been to Ingleside and we jumped at the chance to share a winery that we love! It was a lovely day for it.

We were able to take a tour, the first one of the day, and I was able to get this photo of some of the barrels. They are actually for sale! Something I've never actually seen here before. I realize that they do that, but had never seen it. So that was kind of neat.

At the end of the tour we were able to taste from barrels. The winemaker, Bill Swain, was there with the wine thief to let us sample from the barrel and talk about them. We were able to try a 2008 and 2009 Petit Verdot. We preferred the 2009 over the 2008.

The other two barrels were Merlot and Syrah. And for the life of me I can't remember what year they were. I'm going to take a stab at it and say 2009. And yes you read that right. Four barrels!

After the barrel tasting we were led on to do a tasting of some of Ingleside's fine wines.

I thought this shot of my tasting of the 2007 Petit Verdot was nice. One of my personal favorite wines at Ingleside. Mood lighting and all it was a wonderful tasting.

And of course I had to get this shot of our wonderful pour-er, Melanie.

We had a blast! And our friends left with a case of wine. It was a great day of wine, food and friends.

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.