Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Weekend Discovery

I know I've been lax on the blog. There's no excuse other than I've been lazy. So prepare for random posts!

So during October, I believe it was the weekend of the seventh, Jim and I were taking a Sunday drive when we came across the Military Aviation Museum out near Pungo. We decided that it was time to go and check it out. We're crazy like that sometimes.

All of these photos were taken with my iPhone. Seriously, I must start bringing my camera with me! Had to get a photo of the 'Fighter Factory'. Many planes are in here.

As luck would have it there was an event going on that very day. So we decided to check it out. They were having the WWI Bi-Planes and Tri-Planes Airshow. Planes, as you can see, were not the only thing there. They had re-en actors there and cars. And of course numerous planes.

I HAD to get a shot of this sexy little Jag. So pretty!!

This is inside the Fighter Factory. My phone could not do it justice. It's much wider.

All the planes in here are flyable. I think that's probably one of the coolest things about it. That they are all functional. Doesn't matter if they're replicas or not.

Jim laughingly called it the hangar of sex. Guess you have to really be into planes to get that one. LOL

The rest of these are photos of just a few of the planes that were there. I'm not the one who knows about this stuff. That's Jim's department, but he's been really busy as of late.

This is an amphibious car. First vehicle we actually came across during our time there.

And yes it does as the name implies. It goes in the water!

I had to get a picture of this remote control plane. October is breast cancer awareness month. Save the ta-tas!!!

And what better way to end this blog than with a picture of my sweetie with his favorite plane, the Corsair. Man I'm jealous of that plane.

If you're ever in the area, I definitely recommend checking it out. You can learn a lot.

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.