Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Catching Up: May

The moat!
So in May we traveled to Hampton to visit Fort Monroe and the Casemate Museum.  We'd never really gone there before.  Why I have no idea.  But it was a lovely day so we jumped in Jim's Miata and drove there with the top down.

Oh the glorious weather!!!

Gun line
Why have we not explored more of the area that we live in?  There is so much history in this area!

It was really interesting to walk around the fort, especially when you realize that you're walking on roof tops.  Isn't that a kick?  And who doesn't love a moat?  How very kick ass!  Love it!

Gun Ports
I'm not the history buff.  That's Jim's department.  However, I found it to be very interesting.  Jefferson Davis was held there!

I have a friend that works there, but as it was a weekend I knew she wouldn't be there.

And of course no trip is complete with goofy pictures of the two of us.  I mean seriously do you think we can act like adults the whole time?

No!
Goofy Jim

Silly Michelle



No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.