Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Harborfest

The Godspeed
So on June 9th we went to the Harborfest.  There was concern that Harborfest would be cancelled due to the weather.  Nasty stuff coming up.  They did make alternative plans, but luckily they really didn't need them.  The parade of sail was, unfortunately, canceled.

Balloons!
We decided to head out and check out what was going on there on Sunday.

The weather was beautiful.  Once again we drove Jim's Miata with the top down.  So pretty!

The learning barge was there as well as games, food, vendors and other activities.  I just had to snap the photo of the woman in the balloon gown.  Lady Gaga you need to check your wardrobe and see if you can do better.  LOL

Of course we checked out the tall ships.  I particularly liked the Kalmar Nykl.  Bright and colorful!  So it was really easy to see the wonderful detail.

I mean check out how colorful the back end of the ship is!  I think we really could have spent quite a lot of time just checking out all the detail work.  So much easier to see it all the wonderful detail.  Loved it!

I'm not sure if the faces are great or if they creep me out though.  I'm thinking they creep me out.  I mean really who wants all those faces staring at you?

Froggy Rowboat
And I love the red lion!  How ferocious!  There is no missing that what so ever!  I have to say there is something very bold about this ship.

And I had to get a picture of the frog row boat.  I'm not sure what sort of competition this was, but I honestly hope that this boat won.  Because it is all sorts of awesome!
 And of course we had to grab this quick shot of the Landshark Mobile.

Great fun!

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.