Friday, November 14, 2008

The Great Prediction

Okay this is probably not what you think when you read the title.

When I went to the Ingleside Fall Barrel Tasting I did the ring test on my friend Sarah.  For those of you who have no idea what the ring test is, please let me explain.  

You put a gold wedding band on a string and hold it over a pregnant woman's belly.  You do need to have a bit of a bump in order to perform said test.  If the ring swings back and forth it will be a boy.  If it goes in a circle it will be a girl.

Many say it's an old wives tale, but I've done this with a number of friends and have only been wrong once.  I've predicted something like 7 or 8 pregnancies and only been wrong once.  And apparently it's more prevalent in the Midwest.  

My prediction?  A boy!  Jameson says it'll be a girl.  Silly boy when will you realize the power of the ring?  Insert maniacal laughter here.  We'll see who's right in January.

My last prediction?  A boy also.  He was born in March.  Don't bet against me.  Insert my giant grin here!

Here's hoping for a healthy baby to Sarah and Jameson.

-Michelle

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.