Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's The Great Pumpkins

Okay so I'm a bit late on this.  Things got a bit hectic and I got side tracked.  Such is life.  So for those of you who mentioned that you wanted to see the pumpkins, here they are.

Everyone who knows us knows that we always carve jack-o-lanterns for Halloween.  And this year was no different.

As you can see Jim carved the relatively same pattern that he does every year.  The Black Pearl.  That doesn't mean that I'm not going to post the picture.  His is the only pumpkin that survived to be displayed on Halloween eve.  Even if I did have to use some toothpicks to help it stay alive.  Sadly we had someone smash our pumpkin after the trick or treaters were done.  Jim says that kids will be kids, but that's for another story.

I did one called Fraidy Cat.  I wasn't really in the mood to carve jack-o-lanterns this year.  And this was the easiest pattern to do.  Sadly it didn't last to seen Halloween Eve.  And we actually carved our pumpkins the night before Halloween.  Isn't that sad?  I thought a cat pumpkin was very appropriate for the year I've had.  Luckily I got photos before my pumpkin bit the dust the next day.  

Kyla and Pumpkin were both interested in the jack-o-lanterns when I lit them up for the photos.  In fact each picture took a little longer than normal because I had some very curious kitties that kept getting in the way.  

And yest this year we only did two pumpkins.  Maybe next year we'll do more.

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.