Saturday, March 29, 2008

What's In A Name

So last night the Jim and I went to the O Club (that's Officer's Club in civilian terms) to meet a friend's husband and child.  Well at least that's our excuse for wing night.  He had driven up from the Norfolk, VA area.  With a small child that's a 12 hour drive.  Yikes!  For once I was the DD (designated driver).  He deserves a break every once in a while.

So while Jim was enjoying a tasty beer I got myself a Coke with Cherry Grenadine in it.  Also known as a Roy Rogers.  Only they don't call it that any more.  Apparently kids today don't know who Roy Rogers was.  They don't even know who Trigger is.  What have they never watched old westerns?  Have they never seen Die Hard?  What is wrong with today's youth?  So now they call it a Batman.  Something I've become addicted to.

Shirley Temples are still called by the same name.  That's Sprite or Ginger Ale with Cherry Grenadine.  Isn't she older than Roy Rogers?  Or am I way off base?  Guess she just got more air time.  And an Arnold Palmer is still called by the same name.  That's iced tea and lemonade.  

I'm just very confused.  Luckily the bartender at the O Club knows what a Roy Rogers is, but I fear if I got someone younger they wouldn't.  So here's a note out to my brother.  Take note of this in case anyone ever asks for this.  That way you won't be stumped.

-Michelle

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.