Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dented Cans

I try not to duplicate my posts, but felt that some of these things had to be mentioned on both sites. Jim joined a softball team for the summer. Hence the title to the post. That's the name of the team. It's a long story and one I probably don't even completely remember so I won't be telling it. Once they get their team shirts I'll try to get a picture.

Of course here's Jim at bat. It's a group of guys that are in department head school. And they had their first game on the 19th. We won't talk about the score. Since their first game was actually like a second practice for them.

This is Jim in right field. It was a pretty day, but very windy. Most times the wind would grab the ball and move it back infield or away from where you thought it was going to land.

Jim was able to get a chunk of the ball and run. I'm not saying if he was tagged out or not. Hey I love my man and will keep his pride in tact. I look forward to more games, I just hope I'm not the only person for our team watching at the next game. It gets a little lonely out there.

-Michelle

3 comments:

Michelle and Jim said...

I'll tell the tale. We were blown out.

I went 0 for 3. I got good contact on two of them. The third I was trying to go the other way and grounded right to the third basemen, who was in the shortstop's spot they were shading me to right so badly.

One problem that day was the wind. In the picture of right field you can see the bay. The wind was whipping in from right field. So the two I hit that way got caught up in the wind and were easy catches. That was why I tried to go to left field early in the game, but was told by my team mates that I hit better to right and to just go with it.

The wind was so bad that day, the other team hit a ball to center. The left-center player was fielding it and the left-fielder was backing him up. The ball blew back into left field and dropped in.

Michelle and Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle and Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.