Friday, May 30, 2008

If it weren't for wrong numbers...

..I'd get no phone calls at all.

Unfortunately, the latest wrong numbers seem to be coming at 0130 in the morning. And they're coming from, of all places, North Carolina. The fact that they're coming from North Carolina isn't as outrageous as it seems at first take. The part of North Carolina they're coming from is the 252 area code, which is just south of Norfolk, and my cell phone does have a Norfolk number.

The obvious problem is getting a phone call at 0130 in the morning is very disconcerting. We expect emergency calls at that time of night, not some broad looking to get with her honey. And yes, that's what the phone calls are about. The woman in question (I don't think she classifies as a lady if she's calling a man at 0130.) left the following text message the other night:
"hey baby if ur not 2 busy can i cu 2nite 100%M!$$!NMYG".

If you don't read text message lingo that well, allow me to translate: "Hey baby, if you're not too busy can I see you tonight. 100% missing my guy."

So let's recap to this point. The first night we get a phone call, she doesn't leave a message. I doubt she hung around on the phone to hear that the voice mail was for someone other than the person she was trying to contact. The second night, we get the text message.

Then there's the third night. We get one phone call, again at 0130. She obviously hangs up when it goes to voice mail and redials. This time Michelle is lying in wait. The mystery caller calls back and Michelle answers. To be honest, my sleep was hardly disturbed so the events are second hand.  Michelle says she was surprised that it was a woman. Michelle thought the caller was a man. (I don't know why I had it pegged and Michelle didn't. She's usually much better at this than I.) Prepared to ream some dude a new one, Michelle is thrown off her game somewhat. The caller says that she must have the wrong number. Michelle confirms that in her ever-so-gentle way(sarcasm) and says that she would appreciate it if the caller would stop calling at one in the morning. 

We'll see if we get a call tonight or not. If so, I think I'll answer and have a little fun. I am tempted to reply to the text message I got though with something like "I told you never to use this number," and then give her another number to contact me at in the future. What number would I give her? Oh, I don't know. I'm thinking Michelle's cell phone number. ;-)

-Jim 

1 comment:

Michelle and Jim said...

Well, i got another phone call from my 0100 friend. She said she was trying to call a friend that has a number similar to mine. I asked her to be more careful when dialing since this was the fourth night in a row she had disturbed our sleep.

I do wonder why, if this dude is so important, she doesn't have the correct number programmed into her speed dial?

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.