Monday, May 5, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

Sunday we went to New York to see a Yankees game with our buddy Phil. He came up to New York for the weekend and saw games every day. We drove up, figuring it would be easier on us and it was. At least going up there it was. Going home was a totally different story. It took us a little over three hours to get there and we found parking fairly easily. Something I was slightly worried about. And that only cost $17.

Phil had found a place for us to meet up and we wandered a bit before going in for the game. I thought this tribute to the Yankee greats was cool and snapped a quick picture. We even went into the 'official' Yankee store and I smashed a penny. Sorry Greta I only had one penny, so I wasn't able to get you one. I wasn't expecting to find a machine here. This was something Phil had never seen before, so he had to try it too. I think it really tickled him.

Here's the view from our seats. We had bleacher seats in center field. The Yankees are taking the field. I took this at the very beginning of the game.

I also took this shot from my seat with the help of the zoom lens. I don't know who's warming up. Maybe Phil could jump in and answer that as this is his team and he knows the roster.

I couldn't do a blog on Yankee Stadium without including a picture of the stadium itself. This is the best shot I could get. Sadly there's a lot of construction blocking the way and screwing up the shot. Grr! Which is one of the reasons we went to the game. It is the last season for this stadium so we figured since we're in the area we really should go.

Of course I thought I should include a shot of the new stadium. I like that this one is of the incomplete facade. What can I say? It tickles me.

It turned out to be a really lovely day. We had expected it to be chilly, but the sun came out. In fact I got a bit of a sunburn. I wish the weather people would learn to actually tell the forecast. We were so pleased to get to see Phil. Sadly we didn't have time to go have a beer with him. And wouldn't you know it Phil saw Shelley Duncan of Yankee fame on the subway platform. And he actually talked to him. Only our Phil. This must have been a great weekend for him. Three Yankee games (which they won), he's going to try and get a tour of Yankees stadium (hope you got it) today and he met a Yankee. Way to go Phil!!

-Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the pitcher warming up is Ohlendorf. If I could see his socks I could tell for sure because he rolls up his pants to the knee. I know he warmed up at some point that day but didn't come in.

Phil

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.