Monday, June 2, 2008

24 to 3

Yes ladies and gentlemen that was the score of the softball game for the hubby's team today. The Dented Cans won! Yea!!!   Please note this is not sarcasm. I am really pleased for them.

And it was a gorgeous day for a game too. The sun was shining, but not too brightly. It wasn't too hot, somewhere in the 70's. And for once the wind was calm. I didn't need to bundle up like an Eskimo to watch the game. And for that I'm truly thankful.  

My sweet baboo did quite nicely. I think the shorter bat helped. Even if he did get some ribbing for our $20 bat. He hit four singles and walked once. And hey I saw some of the other guys using that bat too. It's the first win, but the third game. We'll gloss over that though. They got a late start, because the umpire apparently forgot about them. Here's to many more wins!

-Michelle

I had to convince Michelle to post this. My (false) modesty wouldn't allow me to post it myself. 4 for 4 with a walk and a run scored. I don't think I had any RsBI (I know some people write it "RBIs," but the term is runS batted in, not run batted inS.). The bases were cleaned before I got to bat. Not bad though, it means we were scoring runs. We had a bit of batting practice prior to the game, so I think that helped as well. 

I know the bat was a big psychological boost for me. I used to love long bats, but hey, I know what type of hitter I am. I'm not going to hit the long ball, so why go for the bat with the huge barrel. The smaller bat helped me get around quicker and forced me to be disciplined, so I could just pop the ball over the heads of the infielders and infront of the outfielders. I did that three times today. The other hit was a seeing eye single. So I have five hits total this year in 10 or 12 ABs.

Now I know some people (Phil) would say that it wasn't batting practice or the bat and the confidence it gives at all. I'm sure he/they would maintain that going 4 for 4 was a direct result of wearing the Yankees' ballcap I bought outside of Yankee Stadium.

This I do know, until it stops working, I'm using the same bat AND wearing that cap!
-Jim

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.