Sunday, June 15, 2008

Why I Don't Shop On Weekends

I don't work, so I figure I normally can get what I need during the week.  I know you're shocked at my logic.  That is unless Jim needs something or I forgot to get it during the week.  Or something breaks on us.  There are just too many people out shopping on weekends and we all know that Jim and I don't handle crowds well.  There's a reason you have to get a permit to carry a gun.  =)

So I had to go to Walgreens today.  Needed some munchies for the movies that Jim and I were going to watch.  Hey rainy days are perfect for sitting at home and just watching movies.  Nobody wants to be out in that.  And we had been out quite a bit on Friday and Saturday, so the animals appreciated that we were staying in.  

I thought, hey it's rainy no one will be out in this and I only need a few little things this won't take long.  Boy was I wrong!  

I didn't even get five steps in the store when an older woman grabs my arm to ask me if I work there.  Huh?  I'm in a grey tee shirt, jeans, my hair is up and I'm smiling.  Do I look like I'm working here?  Most Walgreens employees have blue shirts to identify themselves and normally they aren't smiling.  Ugh!  While checking out an older woman comes up and starts informing the checkout girl that she rang her up wrong.  Apparently you could buy two of something and get $6.99 back.  The young lady took the receipt and pointed out that in fact she had actually gotten $10.99 back.  The woman shook her head and insisted that the cashier did something wrong.  At this point I rolled my eyes and had to say something, which of course made the older woman scurry off.

You're not being screwed over.  Learn to do your math, you're actually getting more back than you should be.  Man some people are too stupid to be out in public.  

Was I harsh?  Maybe.  But this is not the first time I've seen this BS happen and it won't be the last.  Once home I decided that my soda needed an upgrade in order for me to calm down.  At least this time I didn't have anyone cut me off or cut in line.  That might have pushed me over the edge.

I am not going out again today!  You can't make me!

-Michelle

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.