Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Great Hunt

Jim's been wanting a Wii for a while. So this week I decided it was time for us to go get one. We have a DVR so we can record anything we want to watch. So there's no worrying about missing any of our favorite shows. It's a way for us to interact.

Tiny problem! The Wii is still in great demand. I'd been waiting for the demand to die down in the hopes of making it easier to find a game console. This was not to be. My search became frustrating. Jim just chuckled. Sometimes I think he likes it when I get truly frustrated.

I could have ordered one off of Amazon.com, but it was more expensive and I'd have to pay shipping. The price didn't bother too much. I just didn't want to wait for it to arrive. Plus I knew I could get it for less from Wal-Mart or some other store. I wanted to purchase the game console and walk out with it. Instant gratification right? So sue me. I'm determined to do this my way.

What the hubby doesn't know is that there is now a Wii game console sitting on the other couch waiting for him to come home. Which will be soon. That's right I found one! I called around this morning trying to find one. That's right I wised up. No sense driving around trying to find this when I can do this without wasting expensive gas. The Wal-Mart in Fall River, MA had two left, so I hoped in the car and scurried on over there. It's not that far. And I'm pleased with myself.

Hooray for us! I just got the basic console. I'm leaving getting the extras up to Jim. Hey he has to have some fun. Plus I'll let him do the set up. That and I know we can get the extras from the Wal-Mart near us.

-Michelle

No comments:

A Peek At Us

Virginia
Two really cool froods who always know where their towels are.